For more than 45 years, CORDURA® fabric has been recognized worldwide as the fabric of choice for manufacturers of high performance gear and apparel. Building on its well-established reputation for toughness and durability, CORDURA® fabrics continue to meet the ever-increasing challenges in both consumer and military end-uses, including performance apparel, luggage, backpacks, boots, upholstery, work wear, and more.
What is CORDURA® fabric?
CORDURA® fabric is respected as one of the most reliable brands by retailers and militaries around the world for its versatility and durability. Constructed using high tenacity technologies, CORDURA® fabrics have to pass stringent test criteria to earn the CORDURA® brand name.
CORDURA® fabrics are available in a wide variety of constructions, weights, and textures, including:
Where to Buy CORDURA® fabrics?
CORDURA® AFT (Air Flow Technology) Fabrics is a highly breathable collection of circular knit, flat knit, warp knit, and 3D/Spacer constructions with enhanced abrasion and tear strength.
- Made from high tenacity polyester and nylon 6.6
- Highly breathable o Enhanced tear and abrasion resistance
- Capable of foam, felt, or 3D mesh lamination
- Suitable for soft inner lining applications as well as outer / shell fabrics
- Stylish durability and excellent strength-to-weight ratio
- CORDURA® Ballistic fabric provides long-lasting durability for a variety of products including packs, luggage, workwear, and motorcycle apparel.
- Offer enhanced tear and abrasion resistance
- Constructed with densely woven, high-strength nylon fabric
- Dyed and finished in accordance with INVISTA’s approved fabric standards
- CORDURA® Baselayer fabric, meet the demands, conditions, and climates placed on today’s combat soldiers, tactical and law enforcement officers.
- Durability of nylon and the comfort of cotton
- Exceptional abrasion and moisture management qualities
- No melt, No drip thermal properties o Available with freshFX® fabric technology for lasting freshness
- Available with freshFX® technology
- CORDURA® Classic fabrics provide rugged, durable performance for end-uses including packs, luggage, footwear, reinforcements, and performance apparel.
- Constructed with air jet textured yarns for enhanced abrasion and optimized tear resistance
- Warp / weft knit as well as stretch options also available
- Solution-Dyed Nylon color portfolio also available for lot to lot color consistency and enhanced fade resistance
- CORDURA® Colorlock fabrics offer excellent design and performance for packs, bags, luggage, upholstery and workwear applications.
- Provide excellent stain, UV resistance and colorfast properties
- Provide long-lasting, durable wear performance
CORDURA® Combat Wool™ fabric offers the comfort and aesthetics of wool with the durability of nylon.
- Look, comfort and feel of traditional Merino wool fabrics with built-in long-lasting durability
- Enhanced abrasion resistance, tensile and tear resistance compared to 100% Merino wool fabrics
- Available in Base layer/mid-layer knits, double face wovens, canvas, ripstop, twills, flannel, dobby and stretch woven constructions
- CORDURA® EcoMade Fabrics are made with recycled polyester yarns as a companion to CORDURA® HP Fabrics in end-uses such as bags and packs.
- Reduces energy consumption and extends the life-use of Polyester
- Plain, dobby, and rip-stop weaves based on 600 D yard count
- CORDURA® Denim fabric helps hard-working denim jeans last four times as long as traditional 100% cotton denim.
- Intimate blend of cotton and INVISTA’s T420 nylon 6.6 fiber
- Retains the authentic look and feel of traditional 100% cotton denim
- Provides additional abrasion resistance and toughness o Exceptionally durable, without compromising comfort and style
- CORDURA® Canvas / Duck fabric is designed for clothing that requires extremely durable and wearable fabric.
- Intimate blend of cotton and INVISTA’s T420 nylon 6.6 fiber
- Takes tough punishment four times that of traditional cotton fabric
- Retains the authentic look and feel of traditional 100% cotton canvas
- Provides long-lasting comfort
- Available with enhanced stretch, moisture management, and thermal regulation properties
CORDURA® 4EVER Fleece™ Fabrics collection consists of power knits and fleeces designed to last wherever life takes you. With a variety of cotton, nylon and polyester blends to choose from, this collection mixes power, comfort and durability.
- CORDURA® HP fabrics provide best-in-class polyester performance for a variety of end-uses (i.e. packs, bags luggage, footwear, and accessories).
- Exceptional value
- Printable fabrics
- Flame retardant coated fabric certified to EN ISO 14116
- High visibility fabric certified to EN471
- CORDURA® Lite / Lite Plus fabrics provide lightweight durable performance for a variety of end-uses (i.e. technical packs, day packs, luggage, and footwear).
- Enhanced tear and abrasion resistance
- Based on state of the art airbag fiber technology
- Offer a wide variety of styling options including plain, rip-stop, dobby, ballistic, and canvas constructions
- CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabrics provide a natural, cotton like appearance and feel with durable, long lasting performance in technical outerwear, mid layer, shell weight, and soft comfort performance knit fabrics.
- Lightweight plain, rip-stop, dobby, jacquard weaves
- Circular, flat, warp, knits
- Two and three layer laminated fabrics and double weaves
- Available with stretch, moisture management, thermal regulation, anti-cut, and quick drying fiber technologies
- CORDURA® NYCO fabrics offer comfortable durability in military and tactical uniforms
- Intimate blend of cotton and INVISTA's T420 nylon 6.6 fiber
- Provide exceptional abrasion resistance and durability
- Lightweight and strong
- No Melt, No Drip thermal properties
- CORDURA® Ultralite fabrics provide lightweight durable performance with a wide variety of styling options.
- Based on high tenacity nylon filament fiber technology
- Ideal for a variety of end-use applications where optimal strength-to-weight ratio is critical (i.e. technical packs, day packs, stuff sacks, pouches, performance apparel, footwear, and accessories).
- Made with high tenacity filament with parachute fabric strength
Interested in purchasing CORDURA® fabric? There are a variety of authorized sources to choose from across the globe. Be sure to check out our online fabric showcase here, or contact us directly to learn more at email@example.com.
|Apparel: Wash on low temperature setting using mild detergent. Either air dry or dry on low setting. Do not bleach
||Upholstery/Backpacks/Luggage: Soil may be removed with spray cleaner or detergent and water. Do not bleach
||Hard-to-remove Stains: Oil or grease should first be treated with dry cleaning solvent, followed by a spray cleaner or detergent and water.